Welcome to ABSFM, where a TF2 and SFM fan and somebody who doesn’t know how2model shows you how to Frankenstein together a bunch of models with some reskins to make another model within SFM - in this case, one of the biggest waifus of the TF2 fandomverse.
BECAUSE I TOTALLY FUCKING CALLED IT YESTERDAY, let’s talk about the new SFM update: it is great, if I need a class item for a class I can just use the “Add Team Fortress 2” item on the model and it automatically goes on. Colouring is easy too; the item can still be locked on and all you have to do is Add Override Materials, then look at the model in the Model Editor and edit colours from there.
For the sake of continuity, I will be using Doc’s Colour Script for this tutorial (I don’t think the new colour picker nor the Item Importer works on mods, even if the item can be coloured with a script or with VMT editing) and seeing as I’m not too sure how the mods work, you might need to still manually import them instead of with the item finder.
Rebbacus' models are a gift to the fan-model community, as she made a majority of TF2 NPC characters from the Administrator and Gray Mann, to a rendition of the Civilian from TFC. Here was her model for Miss Pauling:
About 2 months ago, I commented on how it was outdated and required updating because of how far the comic look has evolved. I took that model, gave the dress a simple reskin, added two hexed props, which resulted in this:
For those who want to continue using this look, the tutorial is here.
Now with Expiration Date’s Miss Pauling out, we’ve seen quite a few changes from what we expected from the comic - changes most of the TF2 fandom has welcomed. But people wondered - was this model coming out? Or rather, was there an alternative for people who didn’t really like how the model looked but did want an updated Miss Pauling model to correlate with the new TF2 short look?
The answer - I don’t know, but I’m damn well gonna try.
It’s time for another Hack Pack because I can’t model for shit and because I know you guys want another Miss Pauling update, so here you go.
You will need the following things:
- Rebbacus’ Miss Pauling 1.0 Model
- My Miss Pauling 2.0 Hack Pack
- comes with 2 skins for dress mode: comic-based purple dress and Expiration Date-based blouse and skirt
- comes with reskinned head texture
- comes with green eyes
- comes with 2 hexed prop that can be coloured: the Teen Dream (Scout mod) and the Guard Dog (Pyro mod)
- Masterlegodude’s HL2 Glasses Pack
- Doc’s Colour Script (unless you edit colours within the VTF/VMT)
Because of the nature of this being reskins and other models attached, let’s have some disclaimers:
- hairclip not included
- shoes remain boots, no option for flats
- textures are not baked on; buttons and tears in stockings may stretch beyond desirable proportions or be blurry
- since Rebbacus’ model is outdated, her facial flexes are not HWM and are under Unknown; the mouth is awkward to play with and there’s some other things that are wonky, but do your best!
With that said and with those materials prepared, jump under the cut to go into the tutorial:
i drew my boyfriend :^)
Team Fortress 2 in 30 Days Challenge
1. Your favorite character - The Sniper (Mr. Mundy)
|"This is gonna be a real piece of piss, you bloody fruit shop owners!"
Here are the scouts I would’ve live streamed me drawing if I didn’t chicken out! And I guess this is what my art looks like when I actually put effort lol
Been meaning to do this for a while.
Could be better, but it’s done.
drawing scout’s hat is hard
i’ve litterally been trying to draw her for DAYS, and I still don’t think I made her badassery any justice. :(